The Vancouver Island University Career Services reserves the right to decline any account application or opportunity posting at their discretion.
The Vancouver Island University Career Services reserves the right to block, delete or decline any account, opportunity posting or any other information in the CareerVIU system at their discretion without notice.
- Contact information provided in account applications must match with the organizations website contact information.
- Employer account applications that do not have matching contact information will be required to be confirmed by the organization through an official means of contact as listed on the organizations website.
- Career Services staff will contact the organization using contact information provided on the organization website for confirmation that the individual applying for an employer account on behalf of the organization has authorization to create an account and post job opportunities for the organization.
- Employer accounts that cannot be confirmed with the organization will be deleted without notice.
- Contact accounts must contain the name of an individual at the organization who will be responsible for the account.
Vancouver Island University Centre for Experiential Learning reserves the right to refuse the posting of any job advertisement for other reasons as well on a case-by-case basis.
Vancouver Island University Centre for Experiential Learning reserves the right to ask third party placement agencies the name of their client in relation to a specific job opportunity.
Vancouver Island University Centre for Experiential Learning does not authorize re-posting or duplication of advertisements merely to ensure more prominence for the advertisement.
Labour StandardsPlease visit the Labour Standards website for the province of employment if you are unsure of the applicable employment standards for your job advertisement before proceeding further. Any job advertisements that fail to comply with the above will either be removed without notice or will not be posted.
BC Labour Standards
You understand and agree that any job advertisements that fall within the following will not be posted:
- Where the employer expects the worker to remit their own tax deductions;
- Where the employer expects the worker to arrange other employment coverage for programs such as CPP, EI, and Workers Compensation;
- For business or self-employment opportunities with or without a monetary investment;
- Job advertisements from placement agencies that charge fees to applicants;
- Job advertisements where there are currently no available openings;
- Job advertisements containing inappropriate information including offensive or illegal language of content, defamatory statements, inflammatory or discriminatory content based on gender, sexual orientation, age, religious affiliations, disability or ethnicity or any commercial solicitation and/or advertising, morally offensive job advertisements;
- Job advertisements that include unpaid training as a condition of hiring;
- Commision based jobs;
- Job advertisements for the recruitment of replacement workers during a labour dispute
Job postings will be displayed on CareerVIU for 30 calendar days unless otherwise requested by the employer or the third party.
Job postings may be subject to delays due to account validation, translation and monitoring procedures (potentially up to 5 business days depending on volumes), including the validation of the information provided. You, as an employer or third party acting on behalf of an employer must take this delay into account when selecting the expiration date of a job advertisement.
Job opportunities posted on the Career Services online posting system must conform to the following guidelines in order to be approved:
- Posted positions must be paid positions that meet or exceed the minimum wage requirements set by the Provincial Government in the location of the job position or location that employee will be performing the associated work.
- Posted positions must comply with all municipal, provincial and federal labour, WCB and Occupational Health and Safety regulations in effect at the location the worker is expected to perform their duties.
- Job postings must meet all local, provincial and federal legislation and regulations regarding non-discrimination of any individual or group.
- Registered Charities only may post unpaid volunteer positions.Volunteer position postings must clearly state that it is an unpaid volunteer position.
- Volunteer postings must include the amount of time and/or expected commitment of the volunteer.
- Volunteer positions must comply with all municipal, provincial and federal labour and safety regulations.
- Volunteer postings must meet all local, provincial and federal legislation and regulations regarding non-discrimination of any individual or group.
Career Services reserves the right to decline internship opportunities at their discretion.
- Internship opportunities must comply with all municipal, provincial and federal labour, WCB and Occupational Health and Safety regulations in effect at the location the worker is expected to perform their duties.
- Posted internship opportunities that charge any fees to interns for training, licences, certification or any other fees related to required internship duties must clearly state at the top of the posting all associated training, licences or certifications that must be obtained and the feesthat may be applicable.
- Internship postings must meet all local, provincial and federal legislation and regulations regarding non-discrimination of any individual or group.
- The Vancouver Island University MBA Internship Program will not accept unpaid internship postings on the MBA Internship Opportunity board.
Vancouver Island University Career Services makes no representations and warranties, express or implied, and disclaim all liability with respect to:
- CareerVIU being free of malware, including virus, or other harmful component;
- CareerVIU, and the operations to be conducted using or relying on CareerVIU;
- Conditions of accuracy, completeness, currency, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose;
- The non-availability of CareerVIU for reasons of maintenance or upgrade;
- The non-availability of CareerVIU because of events outside its control, or that Career Services could not have reasonably prevented by means of controls, compromise, disaster recovery procedures or business continuity procedures.
Limitation of LiabilityUnder no circumstances shall Vancouver Island University or Career Services, their Assigns and Successors, officers, employees, or agents, be liable for any claims, actions, injury, loss, damage (including special, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages) or expense, including, without limitation, loss of revenue or profit or savings, lost or damaged data, or other commercial or economic loss, arising in any manner whatsoever from (i) your acts, omissions or conduct; (ii) any use or inability to use CareerVIU, and (iii) any lack of availability or delay in providing CareerVIU. This section shall apply whether or not liability results from tort (including negligence), contract (including breach of fundamental terms or conditions) and whether Vancouver Island University Career Services knew of or ought to have known of the possibility of such damages.
- You fail to comply with any of its terms and regulations. For greater clarity, the termination shall be effective on the date that you failed to comply with these Terms to any extent.
- If your user ID or password are compromised or insecure, or suspected of being compromised insecure.
Career Services may revoke your access to CareerVIU if it determines that false, inaccurate or incomplete information was provided in relation with your profile or a job advertisement related to your profile.